From the steep cliffs of the Na Pali coast to the sunny beaches of Poipu, Kauai is a hidden gem among the Hawaiian Islands. With the lush Alakai Swamp and the wettest spot on earth, Mount Waialeale, at its center, Kauai is all-too-deserving of its nickname, the Garden Isle. Local author and explorer takes readers to secret beaches, hole-in-the-wall cafés, and jungle hikes as well as to botanical gardens, historic homes, and luxury golf resorts. Supplemented with information on Kauai’s unique history and cultural heritage, Explore Kauai provides the independent traveler with everything needed for a complete Kauai experience.
- Directions to and descriptions of Kauai beaches
- Maps of hiking trails with GPS coordinates
- Thorough guides to the Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon
- Overview of Hawaiian language
- Geography, climate, geology, flora and fauna, history, economy, and government
- Kauai’s best websites
Author: Blair Pruitt